Wednesday 5 August 2015

Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B) – 9th August,2015

Colour: Green

Theme: Jesus is the new ‘manna’ from heaven

                     ====  7:00 - 7:03 ====
Entrance Song:
Chorus 
I am the bread of life, he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who comes to me shall not Thirsty….

Welcome;

Today we hear how Jesus is the new ‘manna’ from heaven, offering eternal life. Whoever eats this bread will live forever.

 //V// In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
//R// Amen.
//V// May The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
And the love of God,
And the fellowship of the Holy Spirit,
be with you all.
//R//  And with Your Spirit.
  
====  7:03 - 7:08 ====
NEWS TIME :-)
====  7:08 - 7:11 ====
Penitential Rite
Dear little children, let us acknowledge our sins,
and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
Confession of our sins
I confess to the Almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words
in what I have done and In what I have failed to do
            -strike the breast 3 times as you say-
through my fault
through my fault
through my most grievous fault
THEREFORE I ask Blessed Mary Ever Virgin
all the Angels and Saints
and you, my brothers and sisters
to pray for me to the Lord our God
Have Mercy on us oh Lord
For we have sinned against you

Show us, Oh Lord, your mercy
And grant us your salvation
You were sent to heal the contrite of heart
Lord have Mercy
Lord have Mercy
You came to sinners
Christ have mercy
Christ have mercy
You are seated at the right hand of the father to intercede for us.
Lord have mercy
Lord have mercy
May the almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins and bring us to life everlasting
AMEN
====  7:11 - 7:14 ====
GLORIA - Eco
Opening Prayer
God of all, You sent us the perfect bread of life, Your son Jesus Christ, we pray that we never doubt your presence in us so that we enjoy your goodness.   
Amen.
===  7:14 - 7:19 ====
Liturgy of the Word
A prepared child comes to takes the first reading or second reading..
The 1st reading is from the first book of Kings.  (l Kings 19:4-8)  It tells about what happened to the prophet Elijah when he was tired and hungry.  He was ready to give up his mission of telling people about God

1 Kings 19:4-8 International Children’s Bible (ICB)

Then Elijah walked for a whole day into the desert. He sat down under a bush and asked to die. Elijah prayed, “I have had enough, Lord. Let me die. I am no better than my ancestors.” Then Elijah lay down under the tree and slept.
Suddenly an angel came to him and touched him. The angel said, “Get up and eat.”Elijah saw near his head a loaf baked over coals and a jar of water. So he ate and drank. Then he went back to sleep.
Later the Lord’s angel came to him a second time. The angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat. If you don’t, the journey will be too hard for you.” So Elijah got up and ate and drank. The food made him strong enough to walk for 40 days and nights. He walked to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God.
This is the word of the Lord
All say “Thanks be to God”.
Now let the children practice the responsorial psalm for them to remember it as a memory vase.
Let us focus on our responsorial Psalm:
< Taste and see the goodness of the Lord....>
The Gospel was written by St. John this time. (John 6: 48-51). Does anyone remember who the four Gospel writers were?  (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)  Today we will hear what St. John wrote about what Jesus said about himself being the way to heaven.


Let us Welcome the Gospel
With the Alleluia!! -
Alle-lu Alle-lu Alle-lu Alle-lluia,
Lets praise the Lord,
Alle-lu Alle-lu Alle-lu Alle-lluia,
Lets praise the Lord,
Alle-luia, Lets Praise the Lord
Alle-luia, Lets Praise the Lord
Alle..lluia Lets praise the Lord!!!

Silently say: ”Cleanse my heart and my lips, almighty God, that I may worthily proclaim your Holy Gospel.
The Lord be with You,
AND with your Spirit
Gospel Reading: The Gospel reading is from the book of .. John 6:41-51We are going to do something that everyone does in the big church Lord, let your Word be in my mind <make cross on forehead>, on my lips <make cross on lips>, and in my heart <make cross on heart>.

John 6:41-51International Children’s Bible (ICB)

41 The Jews began to complain about Jesus. They complained because he said, “I am the bread that comes down from heaven.” 42 The Jews said, “This is Jesus. We know his father and mother. He is only Joseph’s son. How can he say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”
43 But Jesus answered, “Stop complaining to each other. 44 The Father is the One who sent me. No one can come to me unless the Father draws him to me. And I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘God will teach all the people.’[a]Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the One who is from God. Only he has seen the Father. 47 I tell you the truth. He who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread that gives life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert. But still they died. 50 Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread, he will never die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh. I will give my flesh so that the people in the world may have life.”
.The Gospel of the Lord”
“Glory and praise to you Lord, Jesus Christ”
(*)Tell an interesting story according to the Gospel and children’s level of understanding like in the Gospel reflection:  
   ====  7:19 - 7:24 ====

What did Jesus say?  <that he is the way to heaven, that who ever believes in him, will live forever>  We also find Jesus in the Eucharist, He left us with His blood and body in form of bread and wine, which when we are fully prepared can receive everyday.
Profession of our faith
I believe in God the Father, Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
                  --bow down--
Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary:
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, died and was buried:
He descended into hell:
The third day he rose again from the dead:
He ascended into heaven,
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
From there He will come to judge the leaving  and the
dead:
I believe in the Holy Spirit:
the holy catholic church:
the communion of saints:
The forgiveness of sins:
The resurrection of the body:
And the life everlasting.
Amen.
====  7:24 - 7:26 ====
Prayer of the Faithful
Now is the time to pray for our stuff :-)Intercessions You may want to ask the children to offer their own prayers or you can use the suggestions below.
We pray together as members of one global family:

Prayer 1.  Let us pray for world Church leaders all over the world, that they may tell the good news to the people as bold as Jesus Christ did when he was still on earth. We pray to the Lord...

Prayer 2. Dear loving Father, we the children here, pray to You to give us wisdom as we continue doing our exams so that we pass highly and we pray to have a safe and joyful holiday.   We pray to the Lord...

Prayer 3. Let us pray for Assumption day. Father most high, bless the celebrations that are going to take place on this day 15th August 2015 all over the world but especially here in our Parish. May we enjoy ourselves with a beautiful meaning. With the Intercetion of mother Mary, Hail Mary,...... We pray to the Lord...

====  7:26 - 7:28 ====

Silently, each one tell God your petition, AFTER 20 SECONDS, read the closing prayer below.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, for ever and ever.
Amen

Song Interlude: Walk Walk in the light, walk walk in the light, .........
====  7:28 - 7:30 ====
Sing as we give in our offertory and we walk to the big church...
NOTE-- after the song, is being sung, we pick the children that will perform next Sunday....