Thursday 11 May 2017

Fifth Sunday of Easter (Year A) May 15th, 2017
Preparing the worship space.
-      Colour: White
Theme: Jesus Comforts His Followers
I can assure you that whoever believes in me(Jesus) will do the same things I have done.

Welcome: Today Jesus tells us that through Him we will come to know God and that we should trust in him as we trust in God.

Ask: What was last week’s theme? <Sheep.”> The Shepherd knows his sheep and his Sheep know his Voice. We learnt that JESUS IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD, He came so that we can leave life to its fullness and we heard of the first CONVERTS...”

                  ==== 7:00 - 7:03 ===
Entrance Song
I am the Way the Truth and the Life,
I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE,
That’s what Jesus said(x2)
Without the WAY, there is no going,
Without the TRUTH, there is no knowing,
Without the LIFE there is no living.
I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE,
That’s what Jesus said.

//V// In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
 //R// Amen.
//V// May The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
And the love of God,
And the fellowship of the Holy Spirit,
be with you all.
//R//  And with Your Spirit.
====  7:03 - 7:08 ====
NEWS TIME :-)
====  7:08 - 7:11 ====
Penitential Rite
Dear little children, let us acknowledge our sins,
and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
Confession of our sins
I confess to the Almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words
in what I have done and In what I have failed to do
          -strike the breast 3 times as you say-
through my fault
through my fault
through my most grievous fault
THEREFORE I ask Blessed Mary Ever Virgin
all the Angels and Saints
and you, my brothers and sisters
to pray for me to the Lord our God…
Have Mercy on us oh Lord
For we have sinned against you.
Show us, Oh Lord, your mercy
And grant us your salvation.

You were sent to heal the contrite of heart.
Lord have Mercy
Lord have Mercy

You came to sinners
Christ have mercy
Christ have mercy

You are seated at the right hand of the father to intercede for us.
Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.
May the almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins and bring us to life everlasting? 
AMEN
====  7:11 - 7:14 ====
With a loud voice lets sing the Gloria!

GLORIA - Glory to God in the highest
And peace to His people on earth
Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You
We give You thanks
We praise You for Your glory
Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father
Lord God, Lamb of God
You take away the sins of the world
Lord, have mercy on us
You are seated at the right hand of the Father
Receive our prayer
For You alone are the Holy One
For You alone are the Lord
For You alone are the Most High
Jesus Christ
With the Holy Spirit
In the glory of God the Father
Amen, A…amem, A….a aamen.

Opening Prayer:
Christ Jesus, open our hearts to trust in you, so that we may never be afraid to answer your call to love one another, and so that through you we may come closer to God. Amen.

===  7:14 - 7:19 ====
Liturgy of the Word
Introduce the first reading.
Say: Today’s first reading is again from the New Testament book, the Acts of the Apostles. When Jesus went back to heaven He asked the Apostles to do a special job, to start his church.  He asked them to continue teaching his message to everyone.  As the Apostles did that, there were more and more people to take care of – just like we talked about earlier.  Listen closely to this reading and find out what they decided to do to handle their problems.
A prepared child/children come and take the reading.
Acts 6:1-7Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) 
Seven Men Chosen for a Special Work.
More and more people were becoming followers of Jesus. But during this same time, the Greek-speaking followers began to complain against the other Jewish followers. They said that their widows were not getting their share of what the followers received every day. The twelve apostles called the whole group of followers together.
The apostles said to them, “It would not be right for us to give up our work of teaching God’s word in order to be in charge of getting food to people. 

So, brothers and sisters, choose seven of your men who have a good reputation. They must be full of wisdom and the Spirit. We will give them this work to do. Then we can use all our time to pray and to teach the word of God.”
The whole group liked the idea. So they chose these seven men: Stephen (a man with great faith and full of the Holy Spirit), Philip,[a] Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus (a man from Antioch who had become a Jew). Then they put these men before the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.[b]
The word of God was reaching more and more people. The group of followers in Jerusalem became larger and larger. Even a big group of Jewish priests believed and obeyed.

 This is the word of the Lord”

All say “Thanks be to God”.

Ask: What did the Apostles do?  <they asked others for help> Just like us, the first thing we need to do is ask for help.  And then we have to let go of the job.  This is even harder to do sometimes.  What that means is letting other people help in their own way (which isn’t always the same way we think things should be done!)
Say: Let us now focus on our responsorial Psalm:
< You open your hand to us, Lord; you answer all our needs >3x


Introducing the Gospel
Say:  Today’s Gospel reading comes from the book of John. When Jesus’ friends found out that he was leaving them alone, they were afraid.  They were worried that they couldn’t handle the job without him.  Jesus told them not to worry, that once He was in heaven, they would be able to do the same things that He did, actually even do greater.  Listen to what Jesus told his friends.
...with Alleluia!! –
We sing while standing and welcome the gospel!!
Alle-lu Alle-lu, Alle-lu Alle-lluia!!
Lets praise the Lord….
Alle-lu Alle-lu Alle-lu Alle-lluia!!,
Lets praise the Lord….
Alle-luia, Lets Praise the Lord!
Alle-luia, Lets Praise the Lord!
Alle..lluia Lets praise the Lord….!!!

The leader reading the gospel, silently says: Cleanse our hearts and our lips almighty God, that we may worthily proclaim your Holy Gospel.

The Leader starts: The Lord be with You,
And with your Spirit.
A reading is from the Holy Gospel according to St. John.
Glory to You, O Lord

John 14:1-12   Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Jesus Comforts His Followers
14 Jesus said, “Don’t be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me. 2 There are many rooms in my Father’s house. I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back. Then I will take you with me, so that you can be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

5 Thomas said, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father too. But now you know the Father. You have seen him.”
8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”
9 Jesus answered, “Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don’t come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done.
12 “I can assure you that whoever believes in me will do the same things I have done. And they will do even greater things than I have done, because I am going to the Father.
The Gospel of the Lord”
“Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ”
====  7:19 - 7:24 ====
(*) Tell your prepared reflecting story to motivate the children, but according to the Gospel and children’s level of understanding like in the suggestions below…

Gospel reflection:
Ask: What did Jesus call Himself? <He is the way, the truth and the Life. Today’s reading is a little bit complicated. Jesus is telling his disciples that He is the Son of God. But the disciples find it difficult to understand.Right at the beginning of today’s gospel, Jesus tells the disciples not to be worried and to trust in him. What does it mean to trust someone?
Trusting someone means believing that they are always there for us, that they are always willing to help us, that they will keep our secrets and comfort us when we are upset or frightened.
How do we ask for help from God?  <Through Prayer.>

Memory Verse: John 14:12 I can assure you that whoever believes in me will do the same things I have done, and they will do even greater things than I have done, because I am going to the Father

Let us stand up and we profess our faith.

Profession of our faith
I believe in God the Father, Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
         --bow down--
Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary:
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, died and was buried:
He descended into hell:
The third day he rose again from the dead:
He ascended into heaven,
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
From there He will come to judge the living and the dead:
I believe in the Holy Spirit:
the holy catholic church:
the communion of saints:
The forgiveness of sins:
The resurrection of the body:
And the life everlasting.
Amen.
====  7:24 - 7:26 ====
Prayers of the Faithful      Now is the time to pray for our stuff :-) Intercessions.
You may want to ask the children to offer their own prayers or you can use the suggestions here.
Leader: We share all our worries, fears, joys and hopes with God as we pray together:

Prayer 1. We pray for the Church throughout the world: that it may be a place of safety and welcome, where all people can come to know the love of God for us all..... We pray to the Lord...

Prayer2. We pray for world leaders: that they may do what is right and best for all people, especially those who are poor, and so keep the trust that their people place in them.....We pray to the Lord...

Prayer 3. We pray for our parish, family and friends: that we may do all that we can to help and support those who trust in us and through our actions show that we trust and believe in God..... We pray to the Lord....

Prayer 4. God of life, we thank you for being there for us always. Help us to do all that you ask of us and to love one another, so that all people may have someone to trust.... We pray to the Lord... 

====  7:26 - 7:28 ====
Silently, each one tells God your petition.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever. Amen
====  7:28 - 7:30 ====

Song Interlude: Walk Walk in the light, walk walk in the light, Sing as we give in our offertory and we walk to the big  church... NOTE-- after the song, is being sung, we pick the children that will perform next Sunday....