Wednesday 19 September 2018


Children’s Liturgy
St. Mbaaga Tuzinde Catholic Church Kiwatule

Twenty fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time  (Year B)
Sunday 16th Sept. 2018
Preparing the worship space
Colour: Green
Theme: Peter and Jesus

Welcome:
Today we hear about how it is not always easy to follow Jesus or to accept what God wants to happen in our lives. Even Peter, one of Jesus’s disciples found it difficult. Let’s think some more about this today… 

Ask: Last week you must have heard about? < a door.” > that we must open our hearts and ourselves to Jesus

                  ==== 7:00 - 7:03 ===
Entrance Song
I have decided to follow Jesus
I have decided to follow Jesusx3
Oh, No turning back,
No turning back.

The cross before me, the world behind mex3
Oh, No turning back,
No turning back.

I have decided to follow Jesusx3
Oh, No turning back
No turning back

//V// In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
 //R// Amen.
//V// May The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
And the love of God,
And the fellowship of the Holy Spirit,
be with you all.
//R// And with Your Spirit.
====  7:03 - 7:08 ====
NEWS TIME :-)
====  7:08 - 7:11 ====
Penitential Rite
Dear little children, let us acknowledge our sins,
and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
Confession of our sins
I confess to the Almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words
in what I have done and In what I have failed to do
          -strike the breast 3 times as you say-
through my fault
through my fault
through my most grievous fault
THEREFORE I ask Blessed Mary Ever Virgin
all the Angels and Saints
and you, my brothers and sisters
to pray for me to the Lord our God…
Have Mercy on us oh Lord
For we have sinned against you.
Show us, Oh Lord, your mercy
And grant us your salvation.

You were sent to heal the contrite of heart.
Lord have Mercy
Lord have Mercy

You came to sinners
Christ have mercy
Christ have mercy

You are seated at the right hand of the father to intercede for us.
Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.

May the almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins and bring us to life everlasting? 
AMEN
====  7:11 - 7:14 ====
With a loud voice lets sing the Gloria!

GLORIA
Glory to God who lives on High
Glory to God who lives on high, Sing glory to the Lord x 2
Ref.:    Give glory to the Father
Give glory to the Son,
And glory to the Spirit be
Sing glory to the Lord.
1.Glory to God who lives on high,
**Sing glory to the Lord
And peace on earth to all his friends,
**Sing glory to the Lord
Praise him, bless and glorify,        
**Sing glory to the Lord
Give glory to God and sing his praise,
**Sing glory to the Lord. Ref
2. Almighty God and heavenly King,        
**Sing glory to the Lord
To Jesus Christ his only Son,                    
**Sing glory to the Lord
Son of the Father Lamb of God,    
**Sing glory to the Lord
You free us from the world of sin.           
**Sing glory to the Lord. Ref
Opening Prayer:
Christ Jesus, you call us to follow you. May we have the courage to answer that call, even in the most difficult times... Amen.

===  7:14 - 7:19 ====
Liturgy of the Word
Introduce the first reading.
The first reading is from the book of Isaiah in the Old Testament, (Isaiah 50: 5-9). Isaiah was a prophet of the Lord, a man who tried to live like God wanted him to.  It was not always easy, but Isaiah believed in God and had faith that God would take care of him.  This story tells about how Isaiah felt.  While you are listening, think about the cross that Isaiah was picking up.
A prepared child/children come and take the reading.
First reading.
Isaiah 50:5-9
5 The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I turned not backward. 6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I hid not my face from shame and spitting. 7 For the Lord GOD helps me; therefore I have not been confounded; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame; 8 he who vindicates me is near. Who will contend with me? Let us stand up together. Who is my adversary? Let him come near to me. 9 Behold, the Lord GOD helps me; who will declare me guilty? Behold, all of them will wear out like a garment; the moth will eat them up.
This is the word of the Lord”
All say “Thanks be to God”.

Ask:  Did you think of any crosses that Isaiah picked up and carried for God?  <he was beaten and had his beard pulled, people made fun of him and spit on him>  How did Isaiah handle his cross?  <he had faith.... he refused to give up or be ashamed>
Say: Let us now focus on our responsorial Psalm:
< I will walk in the presence of the Lord....> x3

Introducing the Gospel
Say: Today’s Gospel reading comes from the book of Mark. (Mark 8:27-35).  It tells of a time when Jesus began to tell people what was going to happen to him soon.
...with Alleluia!! –
We sing while standing and welcome the gospel!!

CHORUS: (‘Halle, halle, halle’ (Caribbean))
Halle, halle, halle, lu-u-jah!
Halle, halle, halle lu-u-jah!
Halle, halle, halle lu-u-jah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

 The leader reading the gospel, silently says: Cleanse our hearts and our lips almighty God, that we may worthily proclaim your Holy Gospel.
The Leader starts: The Lord be with You,
And with your Spirit.
A reading is from the Holy Gospel according to St. Mark.
Glory to You, O Lord
Mark 8:27-35

Peter's Declaration about Jesus

27 Then Jesus and his disciples went away to the villages near Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, “Tell me, who do people say I am?”
28 “Some say that you are John the Baptist,” they answered; “others say that you are Elijah, while others say that you are one of the prophets.”
29 “What about you?” he asked them. “Who do you say I am?”
Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.”
30 Then Jesus ordered them, “Do not tell anyone about me.”
Jesus Speaks about His Suffering and Death
31 Then Jesus began to teach his disciples: “The Son of Man must suffer much and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the teachers of the Law. He will be put to death, but three days later he will rise to life.” 32 He made this very clear to them. So Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. 33 But Jesus turned around, looked at his disciples, and rebuked Peter. “Get away from me, Satan,” he said. “Your thoughts don't come from God but from human nature!”
34 Then Jesus called the crowd and his disciples to him. “If any of you want to come with me,” he told them, “you must forget yourself, carry your cross, and follow me. 35 For if you want to save your own life, you will lose it; but if you lose your life for me and for the gospel, you will save it.

“The Gospel of the Lord”
“Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ”
====  7:19 - 7:24 ====
(*) Tell your prepared reflecting story to motivate the children, but according to the Gospel and children’s level of understanding like in the suggestions below…

Gospel reflection:
Ask: Do you remember what it was that was going to happen to Jesus? <His death on the cross and resurrection three days later> Remember that everybody turned against Him. They didn’t understand what He came to tell them.

Memory Verse: Mark 7:37
35For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.”

Let us stand up and we profess our faith.
Profession of our faith
I believe in God the Father, Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
         --bow down--
Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary:
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, died and was buried:
He descended into hell:
The third day he rose again from the dead:
He ascended into heaven,
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
From there He will come to judge the living and the dead:
I believe in the Holy Spirit:
the holy catholic church:
the communion of saints:
The forgiveness of sins:
The resurrection of the body:
And the life everlasting.
Amen.

====  7:24 - 7:26 ====
Prayers of the Faithful  Now is the time to pray for our stuff :-) Intercessions.
You may want to ask the children to offer their own prayers or you can use the suggestions here.
Leader:
We are called to follow Jesus and so together we pray:…
Prayer 1. We pray for all the world’s leaders: that they may have the courage to make the decisions that are best for all people, even when it is difficult.... We pray to the Lord...


Prayer2. Dear loving father, as we try to follow you, give us the courage to reach out and help others, so that we can build a fairer world.... We pray to the Lord...


Prayer 3. We pray for all our brothers and sisters living in poverty: that they may be able to work together and build a better future for themselves.... We pray to the Lord....

Prayer 4. We pray for our parish, families and friends: that we may be true followers of Jesus, reaching out to help people who are poor, sick, lonely or frightened... We pray to the Lord... 

====  7:26 - 7:28 ====
Silently, each one tells God your petition.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever. Amen
====  7:28 - 7:30 ====
Song Interlude: Walk Walk in the light, walk walk in the light, Sing as we give in our offertory and we walk to the big  church... NOTE-- after the song, is being sung, we pick the children that will perform next Sunday....


Bring up A child in a way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6