Thursday 23 November 2017


Children’s Liturgy
St. Mbaaga Tuzinde Catholic Church Kiwatule

The Feast of our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe (Year A)  
Sunday 24th November, 2017
Preparing the worship space.
Colour: Green
Theme: Crown.
 

                     ====  7:00 - 7:03 ====
Welcome: Today Jesus tells us that he is in all people, and that when we help others or treat them badly then we are doing the same to Him and our theme is a crown. Who wears a crown? <a royal person> Jesus is our King, so we remember that today by using a crown as our symbol.                
 ==== 7:00 - 7:03 ===
Entrance Song
Refrain
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers
That you do unto me.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my sisters
That you do unto me.

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat;
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of my Father. Refrain

When I was weary, you helped me find rest;
When I was anxious, you calmed all my fears.
Now enter into the home of my Father. Refrain

When I was homeless, you opened your door;
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.
Now enter into the home of my Father. Refrain

Ask: What was last week’s theme? Talents. We talked about ways that we can use the gifts/talents God gave us to make the world a better place.

//V// In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
//R// Amen.
//V// May The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
And the love of God,
And the fellowship of the Holy Spirit,
be with you all.
//R//  And with Your Spirit.
====  7:03 - 7:08 ====
NEWS TIME :-)
====  7:08 - 7:11 ====
Penitential Rite
Dear little children, let us acknowledge our sins, and so prepare ourselves to celebrate the sacred mysteries.
Confession of our sins
I confess to the Almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words
in what I have done and In what I have failed to do
          -strike the breast 3 times as you say-
through my fault
through my fault
through my most grievous fault
THEREFORE I ask Blessed Mary Ever Virgin
all the Angels and Saints
and you, my brothers and sisters
to pray for me to the Lord our God…
Oh Lord Have Mercy
Have Mercy on us oh Lord
For we have sinned against you.

Show us, Oh Lord, your mercy
And grant us your salvation.

You were sent to heal the contrite of heart.
Lord have Mercy
Lord have Mercy

You came to sinners
Christ have mercy
Christ have mercy

You are seated at the right hand of the father to intercede for us.
Lord have mercy.3
Lord have mercy.
May the almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins and bring us to life everlasting?  AMEN.
====  7:11 - 7:14 ====
With a loud voice lets sing the Gloria!

GLORIA
Song of Glory Sing to God,
Glory, glory sing glory to God x2
God’s own son has come to earth,
Glory, glory sing glory to God
Celebrate his wonderful birth,       ,,
Glory, glory sing glory to God
Hear the good news of his word,        ,,
Glory, glory sing glory to God
Share the sound of hope we’ve heard.     ,,
Glory, glory sing glory to God
God of love, Glory to God
God of splendor, Glory to God
God of life, Glory to God.       Let us sing  Glory, glory sing glory to God x2”

Opening Prayer
Christ Jesus, help us to see you in every one of our brothers and sisters around the world and move us to reach out to those who are hungry, thirsty, lonely, sick or in prison. Amen....... Amen
===  7:14 - 7:19 ====
Liturgy of the Word
Introduction of the first reading.
Say:  Today’s first reading is from the Old Testament book of the prophet Ezekiel. In this reading, you will hear God comparing Himself to a shepherd.  A shepherd would do many things to care for his sheep.  If God is the shepherd, can anyone tell me who they think the sheep might be?  <US!> Listen closely to this reading for ways that a shepherd takes care of his sheep.......
A prepared child/children come and take the reading.

Ezekiel 34:11- 12, 14-16 (GNT)
The Good Shepherd

11 “I, the Sovereign Lord, tell you that I myself will look for my sheep and take care of them 12 in the same way as shepherds take care of their sheep that were scattered and are brought together again. I will bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark, disastrous day.
14 I will let them graze in safety in the mountain meadows and the valleys and in all the green pastures of the land of Israel. 15 I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will find them a place to rest. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken.

16 “I will look for those that are lost, bring back those that wander off, bandage those that are hurt, and heal those that are sick; but those that are fat and strong I will destroy, because I am a shepherd who does what is right.
This is the word of the Lord;
All say “Thanks be to God”.

Ask: What did you hear? A shepherd leads his sheep to good places, takes care of their injuries, helps the ones who are not strong.  Who does those things for us?  <God>
Let us now focus on our responsorial Psalm:
< The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want > 3x

Introducing the Gospel
Say: Today’s Gospel reading comes from the book of Matthew. In the beginning of today’s reading, we hear that God will judge us at the end of the world.  The reading compares us to sheep and goats.  When God speaks to the sheep, God tells them that they were saved because of certain things they did.  First of all, who do you think the sheep represent? US.
...with Alleluia!! –
We sing while standing and welcome the gospel!!
Welcoming the Gospel;
You are welcome Lord of Lords,
You are welcome King of Kings
You are welcome Lord of Hosts
You are welcome Prince of Peace..
You are welcome here, Alle-lluia,
Alle..lluia Might God!!!

The leader reading the gospel, silently says: “Cleanse our hearts and our lips almighty God, that we may worthily proclaim your Holy Gospel.
The Leader starts: 
-The Lord be with You,
-And with your Spirit.
A reading is from the Holy Gospel according to St. Matthew.
Glory to You, O Lord
Pls note it’s a shorter version taken.

Matthew 25:46-15 (GNT)
The Final Judgment

31 “When the Son of Man comes as King and all the angels with him, he will sit on his royal throne, 32 and the people of all the nations will be gathered before him. Then he will divide them into two groups, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the righteous people at his right and the others at his left. 34 Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world. 35 I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you received me in your homes, 36 naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me.’ 37 The righteous will then answer him, ‘When, Lord, did we ever see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you a drink? 38 When did we ever see you a stranger and welcome you in our homes, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ 40 The King will reply, ‘I tell you, whenever you did this for one of the least important of these followers of mine, you did it for me!’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! 42 I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; 43 I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me.’ 44 Then they will answer him, ‘When, Lord, did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and we would not help you?’ 45 The King will reply, ‘I tell you, whenever you refused to help one of these least important ones, you refused to help me.’ 46 These, then, will be sent off to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life.”
“The Gospel of the Lord”
All say “Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ”.

====  7:19 - 7:24 ====
(*) Tell your prepared reflecting story to motivate the children, but according to the Gospel and at children’s level of understanding like in the suggestions below…

Gospel reflection:

Ask:  What are some of the good things that the “saved” people did?  <fed the hungry, clothed the naked, gave comfort to the unhappy, etc.> Why does God like for people to do these things?  <God says that whatever we do for each other, we do it for Him>  These things that are listed out in this reading are called? the Works of Mercy.

Say:  God wants us always to remember to act like Jesus.  However we act toward each other is how we act toward God.  What does that mean to you?  <that if we are mean to somebody, it’s like being mean to God, if we do something nice, it’s loving God>

Memory Verse:
“Matthew 25:46 “…. <“These, then, will be sent off to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life.”.”>...”x3
Let us stand up and we profess our faith.

Profession of our faith
I believe in God the Father, Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:
         --bow down--
Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary:
Suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, died and was buried:
He descended into hell:
The third day he rose again from the dead:
He ascended into heaven,
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:
From there He will come to judge the living and the dead:
I believe in the Holy Spirit:
the holy catholic church:
the communion of saints:
The forgiveness of sins:
The resurrection of the body:
And the life everlasting.
Amen.
====  7:24 - 7:26 ====
Prayers of the Faithful . Now is the time to pray for our stuff :-) Intercessions.
You may want to ask the children to offer their own prayers or you can use the suggestions here.
We pray together for God’s help to use our talents wisely:

Leader guides the children to read…

Prayer 1. We pray for the Church throughout the world: that she may see Christ in all people and be a shining example of Jesus’ message to us..... We pray to the Lord...


Prayer 2. We pray for our brothers and sisters throughout the world: that each person may know they are special and treat each other as Jesus asks.…
We pray to the Lord....

Prayer 3. We pray for our parish, family and friends: that we may all do what we can to share food and water with those who hunger and thirst, to care for those who are sick or in prison and to welcome those who are lonely.... We pray to the Lord... 


Prayer 4. God of all, show us how to answer your call so we may see your kingdom – a place where no one is hungry, thirsty, or alone.... We pray to the Lord...

====  7:26 - 7:28 ====
Silently, each one tells God their petition.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever. Amen
====  7:28 - 7:30 ====
Song Interlude: Walk Walk in the light, walk walk in the light, Sing as we give in our offertory and we walk to the big  church... 

NOTE-- after the song is sung, (and there is still some time), we pick the children that will perform next Sunday....

 Bring up A child in a way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6